VerdeGo is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Garden Center Manager.
Duties: The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all the examples listed, nor does the list include all of the work that may be assigned to positions in this job class.
• Oversee the set-up and take down of garden center displays.
• Assist customers in selecting plants, soils, stone, pavers, and mulches.
• General landscape design background.
• Answer any questions about care of plants or lawn and garden products.
• Assist store in seasonal changeovers for fall and winter inside and out.
• Control inventory and merchandising in the store and in the garden center.
• Order and control bulk purchasing and inventory.
• Manage opening and closing the store.
• Have experience with Microsoft Office.
• Infrequently operate large dump trucks and bobcat.
• Understand and have the ability to operate a Point of Sale system.
• Be able to delegate tasks, great organization skills, great communication skills, and general installation and maintenance knowledge for plants, palms, and trees.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Be able to stoop, kneel, bend over, or stand for long periods of time. Also, be able to work in all weather conditions including: wind, rain, cold or extreme heat.
We prefer to have previous garden center and management experience. Preferably understand customer first and have a positive upbeat attitude on a daily basis. Excellent communication skills between customers and co-workers a must. This position requires a valid driver’s license and must be able to pass a criminal background check.
This is a full-time position with weekend hours as needed. Paid Holidays and Vacation will be included in the package.
To apply for this position please respond to this posting with your resume and salary requirements.