VerdeGo is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Production Specialist. This position would be responsible for installation and management of landscape and hardscape projects in the Flagler and Volusia County areas.
This position reports to the Account Manager or other appropriate supervisory or management position. This position requires a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilization. This employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all of the examples listed, nor does the list include all of the work that may be assigned to positions in this job class.
• Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating work flow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
• Manages a multiple team of one or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures. Ensures employees work effectively and efficiently.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
• Safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
• Routinely interacts with clients when working on projects, by answering questions, responding to client requests, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the project.
• Completes the necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions.
• Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
• Briefs Management and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
• Maintains assigned equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
• Works as a member of the team.
• Performs other general duties as needed and deemed necessary.
• At least two years of landscape, hardscape and maintenance experience and an eagerness to learn.
• Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, vendors, other designers).
• Proficient in the operation of a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to; bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmers, and tillers.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Self-Starter with leadership skills and a strong work ethic. Able to work alone or in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask; Good organizational skills with an eye for detail.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Strong communication and team-work skills are essential.
Based on experience.