Maintenance Crew Team Member, St. Johns County, FL
VerdeGo is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Maintenance Crew Team Member. This position works as a member of the team and is responsible for landscape maintenance and enhancement projects under the direction of the Maintenance Crew Leader, in the St. Johns and Duval County areas.
This position requires a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to mowing, trimming, planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilization. This employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property.
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all of the examples listed, nor does the list include all of the work that may be assigned to positions in this job class. Completes landscape maintenance duties, such as mowing, weed control, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming and pruning.
• Completes landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application and lawn seeding.
• Plants and maintains trees, shrubs and flowers.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
• Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
• Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmer, and tillers.
• If approved as a driver, safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
• Assists the Maintenance Crew Leader with communication with clients by answering questions, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the project. Communicates clients concerns to the Maintenance Crew Leader or Management.
• Assists the Maintenance Crew Leader with route and job organization, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
• Cares for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
• Works as a member of the team.
• Performs other general duties as needed and deemed necessary.
• One to two years of landscape, hardscape and maintenance experience and an eagerness to learn.
• Working knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, vendors, other designers).
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Self-Starter with a strong work ethic. Able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask; Good organizational skills with an eye for detail.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, (if required).
• Strong communication and team-work skills are essential.
Still have questions? Contact Maria at 904-797-7474