We are looking for a full-time Cashier who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality. As a team-oriented company, we seek an individual who can be flexible with work hours. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
The Garden Center Cashier greets customers upon arrival and departure. Provides customers with fast, friendly and accurate service at point of sale counter. Responsible for processing customer sales and returns, ensures accurate change, and balances cash drawer. Trouble shoots and provides solutions to impress customers. Candidates must be available on every other Saturday.
· Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
· Processes customer sales, returns, and provides receipts.
· Maintains cleanliness, organization and proper inventory of supplies at the point of sale counter.
· Responds to customer inquiries promptly via phone and in person.
· Routes customer inquiries to the appropriate department, i.e., product orders, customer account reconciliation,
· Understands and offers complementary products for upselling and add-on sales opportunities
· Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
· Escalates to manager or lead if continued customer or point of sale issues occur
· Observes store areas for safety, potential theft and security risks.
· Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the store/yard.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Exhibits a pleasant disposition consistently.
· Ability to balance drawer
· Proficient in math and computer skills (point of sale)
· Professional etiquette
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Cashier experience highly desired
· Retail service, sales experience a plus