VerdeGo is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Irrigation Maintenance Technician. This position would be responsible for installation, repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance of underground sprinkler systems, in the Duval and St. Johns County areas.
This position reports to the Irrigation Manager in St. Johns and Duval. This position requires knowledge of underground sprinkler systems. This job requires physical abilities such as physical strength, manual dexterity, and wrist-finger movement in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all of the examples listed, nor does the list include all of the work that may be assigned to positions in this job class.
• Install new drip and sprinkler systems
• Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment
• Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks, troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
• May instruct others in minor irrigation repairs.
• Operates tractors and trenchers to install/repair lines.
• May assist in coordination with other departments or outside contractors.
• Performs other general duties as needed and deemed necessary.
• At least two years of irrigation repair and maintenance experience and an eagerness to learn.
• Understanding of basic irrigation systems, designs and pipe sizing.
• Ability to inspect properties, generate reports to ensure proper service and identify safety issues.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair residential/commercial irrigation systems.
• Self-Starter with a strong work ethic. Able to work alone or in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask; Good organizational skills with an eye for detail.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Strong communication and team-work skills are essential.
Based on experience.